7th December 2016
- About Square Pegs Charity
- Why did we want to add an IT project?
With our 'IT Connect' project we will be able to encourage online communication, & training opportunities, to those who are currently isolated & build their skill set to enable them to become an integral part of the project.
- How will members benefit?
Our project will be aimed at our members, membership is free. Membership will allow the beneficiaries to;
- Take part in online creative projects.
- Take part in online wellbeing projects.
- Join in as an online volunteer.
- Be encouraged to join our real-life community hub.
- Take part in an IT Basics course.
- Take part in an IT Savvy & online safety course.
- Learn about Creative based projects in graphics design.
- Take part in online wellbeing discussions.
- Take part in an online meditation group.
- Access online support for those in need.
- Learn to, Build a business on the Internet resources.
- How will we be able to provide this project?
Square Pegs Charity has worked hard to secure coveted funding from The Big Lottery Fund, which is the largest funder of community activity in the UK. It puts people in the lead to improve their lives and communities, often through small, local projects.
We secured £9,994, enabling us to purchase IT equipment, including both hardware & software to run the project for the first year. We already have a great community HUB space & now we have computers to use in the workshop times as well as a fully interactive touch screen 65” monitor.
A monitored website live chat will enable us to connect to those who are struggling to leave their own homes. We would hope that by 6 - 8 months we would have encouraged many isolated members of the community into the real-life community focused groups.